Review of Brazilian poet and artist ‘Adelaide Ivanova’s poem ‘the half-confession’

Review of Brazilian poet and artist ‘Adelaide Ivanova’s poem ‘the half-confession’ Please read this poem first from the link https://www.poetrytranslation.org/poems/the-half-confessionan my review next. Thanks. The title clears my doubt whether the confession is a religious procedure. It’s a half-confession. So nothing religious. What the poet wants to confess? Or what sort of unfinished confession she points at? There is no lead in the poem. So, it is for me to find out my half confessions. When did I confess anything to anyone? Was it really a confession? Was I really telling something to clear my heart of the guilt and reform myself? I recall that mostly I used my confessions as baits. I was looking for something in return. That something was often what the second person won’t buy, or the confession camouflaged my hidden agenda. I fake a victim or I am too naïve to express my greed. I trash what I intended to hide display what I want to highlight. Does not a person retry and trash something properly in the second attempt? Don’t his pause and second attempt symbolize a civilized and social conscious person? In the last line of the poem the reader gets that the metaphor ‘ground’ symbolizes the society and the trash bin is the grey side of one’s mind where what is hidden from others is dumped. A powerful and crafty poem.

Comments

Popular Posts