Review of American poet Rodrigo Toscano’s poem ‘Hush now’ (Speak)

Review of American poet Rodrigo Toscano’s poem ‘Hush now’ (Speak) I request the readers to read the poem ‘Hush now’ (Speak)’ from the link https://acentosreview.squarespace.com/rodrigo-toscano and then only my review. How many poems on the stress and anxiety of contemporary life will suffice? When can I call the next one superfluous? This topic is ever green. Each original work opens a new window. We see (our) life in a whole new dimension. The reason for the mushrooming number of ‘Spiritual gurus’ is the worsening state of uncertainty and stress in the job scenario. When I wake up my inbox has newer issues and requests for problem resolution. (My client is never in my time zone). I want to bond with my family, my fellow beings but there is no respite. I have read so many books on stress management and attended sessions of so many motivational Gurus. But the stress is overwhelming and it encroaches all my space, leaving nothing for my personal life. How I would respond to anyone in person or on a phone call depends on the developments in my job. I can’t distance myself from the employer corporate’s issues because the market and the competitor call the tunes I understand. The uncertainty’s boundary is the horizon. The following two lines impressed me much: And what if that not-you is itself claimed? That is, some voice-less voice voicing a voice Literature and art can be abstract or mirror contemporary life and issues or depict an imaginary future. When we appreciate one a contemporary issue we instantly relate to it and thank the creator for powerful expression.

Comments

Popular Posts