A brief journey and the Hindu - Muslim travel together

A brief journey and the Hindu - Muslim travel together Today I travelled by Tejas Express from Trichy to Chennai. In day journey we must be prepared to endure the audio menace of co-passengers' gadgets and during night AC cooling will get reduced by 2 or 3 people pestering the person manning the AC Let's get back to Hindu -Muslim. About half a dozen elderly muslims of a family are traveling as I key in this. One person of my mom's age and one madam and three men little bit elder to me. My family the three of us we have occupied two seater row and one in the same line in the three seater on the other side. As we entered and went about putting luggage above the Muslim couple on the adjacent three seat asked my son to take the window. He obliged and started playing chess. My wife soon had to request two members of this Muslim family to reduce volume. I offered a spare hands free but the madam said no and stopped listening. Nonetheless the decibel of the people talking over phone is very high irrespective of their religion education or income. Aren't these mundane and routine things? True But what surprised me and my wife was my son was responding to the affectionate inquiry of the Muslim madam who got worried why he eats so less out of the food served in the travel and her inquiry about our trip. He is on diet and shared the sweets with the couple. Now the four hours journey is nearing an end. I feel the problems between any two persons who are in same neighborhood or train or the nation as a whole are in the normal course. When hatred is sown and tolerance is lost we blow issues out of proportion. As ordinary co-passengers the issues are never deep or religion specific. We are misguided and poisoned by fanatics for political mileage.

Comments

Popular Posts